Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Before there was bubble tea

Tapioca pudding has long been a "thing." For whatever reason, the tapioca rounds have a very pleasant mouth-feel for me (and my older son who is a fussbudget about food sometimes...he never used to be as a little kid).

It's not hard to make but does involve an extra step of whipping up egg whites which always seems like a pain in the butt to me, so I don't make it often. But when we have 12 dozen eggs in the fridge, I break down and make some tapioca pudding.

whisking egg whites
the main mixture with tapioca pearls, milk, and egg yolks


folding yolks mixture with egg whites makes for a fluffy pudding
We get Bob's Red Mill tapioca which has a recipe on the back of the package but I imagine there are tapioca recipes elsewhere.

Do you like tapioca pudding? If so, do you have a favorite recipe?

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~ Douglas Adams